1. We believe in the existence of one only living and true God, the Creator, Preserver, and Governor of the universe; omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent; self-existent, independent, immutable; possessed of infinite benevolence, wisdom, holiness, justice, mercy, and truth, and who is the only proper object of worship.
2. We believe that God exists in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost; and that these three are one God.
3. We believe that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments were given by inspiration of God, and are a revelation of His will to men, and the sufficient and only rule of faith and practice.
4. We believe that mankind, in their natural state, are destitute of holiness, and entirely depraved, and justly exposed to the Divine wrath.
5. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ; perfect God and perfect man, is the only Savior of sinners, and the only mediator and intercessor between God and man; and that by His perfect obedience, sufferings, and death, He made full atonement for sin, so that all who believe in Him will assuredly be saved, and that there is no other sacrifice for sin.
6. We believe that in consequence of the utter wickedness of man, it is necessary that all should be regenerated by the power of the Holy Ghost, in order to be saved.
7. We believe that we are justified by the righteousness of Christ alone, through faith, and not by any fasting, alms, penances, or other deeds of our own; and that while good works are inseparable from true faith, they can never be meritorious ground of salvation before God.
8. We believe that holiness of life, and a conscientious discharge of the various duties we owe to God, to our fellowmen, and ourselves, are not only constantly binding upon all believers, but essential to the Christian character.
9. We believe that, besides God, no other being is to be worshiped and adored, and that each person in the sacred Trinity is worthy of our worship, which, to be acceptable, must be offered through no other mediation than that of Jesus Christ alone; and that the use of relics, pictures, crosses, and images of any sort, in any act of worship, and of the intercession of the saints, is directly contrary to the Scriptures, and highly displeasing to God; and the prayer of the dead is not authorized in the word of God.
10. We believe that there will be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and of the unjust, and a day of judgment; and that the happiness of the righteous, and the punishment of the wicked, commence at death, and continue without end.
11. We believe that any number of believers, duly organized, constitute a church of Christ, of which Christ is the only Head; and that the only sacraments of Christ’s Church are Baptism and the Lord’s Supper; the former being the seal of the covenant, and a sign of the purifying operation of the Holy Spirit, and token of admission into the visible Church, and the latter, in showing forth by visible symbols the death of Christ, being a perpetual momento of His atoning love, and a pledge of union and communion with Him and with all true believers.
12. We believe that the Gospel is the chief instrument appointed by Christ for the conversion of men and for the edification of His people, and that it is the duty of His Church to carry into effect the Savior’s command, “Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.”
I believe in God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth.
And in Jesus Christ his only Son our Lord; who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried; he descended into hell; the third day he rose again from the dead; he ascended into heaven, and sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Ghost; the holy catholic Church; the communion of saints; the forgiveness of sins; the resurrection of the body; and the life everlasting. AMEN.
We believe in one God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible;
And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of His Father before all worlds; God of God; Light of Light; Very God of Very God; begotten, not made; being of one substance with the Father, by whom all things were made; who for us men, and for our salvation, came down from heaven; and was incarnate by the Holy Ghost of the Virgin Mary, and was made man; and was crucified also for us under Pontius Pilate. He suffered and was buried; and the third day He rose again according to the Scriptures; and ascended into heaven; and sitteth on the right hand of the Father. And He shall come again with glory to judge both the quick and dead; whose kingdom shall have no end.
And we believe in the Holy Ghost; the Lord giver of life; who proceedeth from the Father and the Son; who with the Father and the Son together is worshiped and glorified; who spoke by the prophets.
And we believe in one holy catholic and apostolic church. We acknowledge one baptism for the remission of sins. And we look for the resurrection of the dead; and the life of the world to come.Share This: